FORT MORGAN OYSTER FEST ARTS & CRAFTS VENDOR INFORMATION
Fort Morgan Oyster Fest is now accepting applications for the 2024 festival slated February 24 & 25.
Application Deadline: DECEMBER 20, 2024 at midnight
General Vendor Information and Selection Process
License & Taxes
Ticket sales will be capped at 5,000 festival guests for 2024.
Applications in the following categories will be accepted for review:
Registration and Setup
Average number of applications: 100
Average number of artists selected to participate: 40
Average number exempt from jury artists who are invited to participate in the event: 0
Vendors that are excluded/ineligible: Commercially manufactured items, ceramics from commercial molds, mass-produced items, plants, soaps, candles, food items, t-shirts, and commercial jewelry. Reproductions, including giclee’s, are allowed to be sold but must be clearly marked.
How images are viewed by jurors: computer monitor
Within a medium category, applications are sorted and viewed by: Application ID
Jurors score applications using the following scale: 1-10
Number of jurors scoring applications: 5
The show organizers jurors for a single jury panel that scores applications for all medium categories.
Jurors score: From one location
Am I allowed to observe the jury process: No. Jury process is closed.
Rules & Regulations
- An accepted application is a commitment to participate in the show. NO REFUNDS will be made for any reason, including inclement weather. Accepted artists must exhibit the full day of the show and be in their booths during designated Festival hours. Stand-in or proxy exhibitors are not permitted.
- Exhibitor must be directly involved in the design and production of work they exhibit at the Fort Morgan Oyster Fest. Exhibitors must display their own work, not works purchased from an outside source for resale (buy/sell). Excluded from exhibition are: commercially manufactured items, ceramics from commercial molds, mass-produced items, plants, soaps, candles, food items, books, CDs, t-shirts and commercial jewelry. Reproductions, including giclee’s, are allowed to be sold but must be clearly marked. At least 50% of your display must be original work.
- Up to two (2) people with his/her original work are allowed per booth.
- Only work representative of that submitted for jurying may be exhibited. Only artists juried and accepted in the jewelry category may display and sell jewelry items. Displays will be viewed throughout the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to request the removal of any work that differs from the images submitted and accepted as well as any inappropriate work or display. Failure to remove such works or abide by the rules set forth may result in the applicant’s removal from the Festival.
- Any items that you plan to sell during the festival must be represented in your booth images submitted with application
- Exhibitors bear the responsibility for all setup and security needs for their exhibits. It is required to show proof of insurance at registration. Please allow for restocking during Festival hours as vehicles are not allowed on the streets after the show opens.
- During setup, nails or other anchors may not be placed in the street. Make alternative arrangements to secure your booth. Fines will be imposed for destruction of Beach Club property – this includes nails to hold down tent and rugs on the ground. Double stick tape works well for this function. Tent weights ARE required. Minimum of 40-pound weights PER tent leg. Fort Morgan can be windy during this time of year so please come prepared.
- All fire department safety lanes and rules will be observed and strictly enforced at all times. No generators are allowed in the show. Battery lighting is acceptable. No amplified music is permitted. Your booth, awning, chairs and all displays must be within your 12’ x 12’ space. This will be strictly enforced.
- The State of Alabama and Baldwin County require each exhibitor and vendor to purchase a transient license. The details are available from the Baldwin County License inspector at 251-990-4627. Each exhibitor is responsible for collecting Alabama State tax and Baldwin County tax as required by law. Tax forms will be provided in the registration packets.
- Accepted artists who have not checked in with Registration by 6:00 PM Friday, February 24, 2022, will forfeit their space and booth fee.
- Use of sealants or spray paints or aerosols is strictly prohibited.
- The Fort Morgan Oyster Fest Committee reserves the right to remove an artist from the show for conduct deemed unacceptable and/or detrimental to the mission and reputation of the Fort Morgan Oyster Fest.
- Ticket sales will be capped at 5,000 guests for 2023.